How Many Carbohydrates in a Watermelon

Watermelon / Carbohydrate Amount for 100g (2/3 cups)

8 g

Total Carbohydrate

Source USDA

How Many Carbohydrates in a Watermelon? About 8 grams per 100 grams (or 2/3 cups).

Watermelon is a summertime staple. This juicy fruit is low in calories and packed with vitamins A, B, and C. It also has small amounts of two other compounds found in this fruit: sugar and fiber. If you’re watching your carbohydrate intake, you may be wondering how many carbs are in watermelon.

While every gram of carbohydrate contains four calories, not all carbohydrates have the same effect on your body. Some carbs are simple and digest quickly, while complex carbs are more filling and take longer to digest. In addition to the different types of carbs found in watermelon, it also contains sugar that comes from natural fructose.

How Many Carbohydrates in Watermelon?

Carbohydrates are the macro-nutrient that provides your body with energy. They are primarily found in fruits, vegetables, grains, and dairy products. Watermelon is a food that has a high carbohydrate content. Depending on the variety of watermelon, there are between 8 and 10 grams of carbohydrates 2/3 per cup (100g).

Watermelon is primarily composed of about 92% water, which makes it a diuretic and promotes urination. The remaining 8% of watermelon is primarily fiber, as well as some minerals like magnesium, potassium, and sodium. Carbohydrates make up only a small percentage of watermelon.

The Importance of Fiber and Water

Watermelon is 92% water and 8% fiber, making it a low-calorie, high-fiber food. Fiber helps slow down digestion because it stays in the stomach longer than carbs that are more easily digested. It also helps you feel full for longer, which can be helpful for weight loss.

Fiber also has other health benefits, such as reducing the risk for certain diseases like heart disease and type 2 diabetes. It’s recommended that adults eat about 25 grams of fiber each day, though people who are overweight or have high blood cholesterol should increase their intake to between 30 and 35 grams of fiber daily.

Is Watermelon Good for You?

Watermelon is a super food, packed with vitamins and minerals. It has small amounts of several important nutrients, including vitamin A, B vitamins, and C vitamins, as well as minerals like magnesium and potassium. Watermelon contains small amounts of protein, but it’s not a particularly good source of protein.

It’s also low in fat, making it a less healthy option for people who want to add more healthy fats to their diet. Although watermelon’s vitamin and mineral content is relatively small, it contains some anthocyanin, which is a type of flavonoid with possible health benefits.

Is Watermelon Keto Friendly?

It’s possible to include watermelon in a keto diet, but you must carefully plan portions and stick to your carb count to do so. How much watermelon you can eat on a ketogenic diet depends on what else you eat during the day.

You might consume 100 calories, or 25 grams, of carbs on a 2,000-calorie per day diet.

A single serving of watermelon could consume nearly half of your daily carbohydrate quota.

A watermelon can definitely fit into a keto diet, but it may require careful planning and smaller portions to keep your carb count in check.


Watermelon is a low-calorie, high-fiber food that is also low in fat. It’s a healthy choice for a snack or even for a dessert in the summertime. One cup of diced watermelon has about 40-50 calories, and it also provides a small amount of vitamins, minerals, and protein.

Watermelon is also low in carbs, which makes it a good option for those who follow a low-carb diet, as long as you don’t have too much!!

Here are some healthy keto snack recipes as an option to watermelon:

Chicken Bacon Ranch Lettuce Wraps
Zucchini Boats
Keto Almond Butter Fat Bomb

Leave a Comment

Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial